The Land Development Corporation will be accountable and act commercially in accordance with:
- The Land Development Corporation Act 2003 and its regulations
- Relevant Northern Territory and Australian government legislation
- Ministerial and Cabinet directions pursuant to section 8 of the Land Development Corporation Act 2003
- Sound business and financial management practices, including a program of internal and external audit
- Northern Territory Government policies and objectives for the conduct of its Government Business Divisions including, importantly, the principle of competitive neutrality
- Prudent risk management practices, including implementing an effective risk minimisation strategy through regular due diligence reviews.